Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday Book Hop: Wild World


Genre: Historical Fiction (Vietnam War Era)


Disclosures:

I am currently reviewing this book for the Online Book Club.

I will earn a small commission for any purchases made through the buy link provided above.

Blurb
Set against the backdrop of the protest era of the 1970s, an idealistic Brown University grad postpones law school to be near his girlfriend and takes a job in Providence as a police officer - but when he discovers corruption in the department, his determination to overturn the system holds unexpected consequences for his own life.

The First Line:

When Steve Logan stepped into the sunlight that Monday, he began to make small decisions that would change his life.

Rush, Peter S.. Wild World (p. 1). Prior Manor Press. Kindle Edition. 




“It’s tough. I think I might be getting through to a couple of them.”

Rush, Peter S.. Wild World (p. 156). Prior Manor Press. Kindle Edition. 



Book Blogger Hop
19th - 25th - Do you run your reviews through editing software before posting? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: I am nowhere near the stickler for perfection with my reviews that I am with my stories. I let the spelling and grammar checkers do their job. I read the review aloud to make sure nothing sounds odd. I look over it one more time, then I publish/submit it. I don't have marination periods. I don't do multiple edits. My review process is pretty quick and dirty.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.