Friday, January 20, 2023

Friday Book Blog Hop: Neon Angel

 


Genre: 

Music, Memoir, Autobiography

Buy Link:

Amazon

https://amzn.to/3i8oTM5

Search for this book at Better World Books

or search for this book at Thrift Books

Disclosures: 

I will earn a small commission from Amazon or points towards a free book from either Better World Books or Thrift Books for every book purchased through one of the above links.

Blurb

In this candid autobiography, Cherie Currie—the original lead singer of ‘70s teenage all-girl rock band The Runaways—powerfully recounts her years in the band, her friendship with guitarist Joan Jett, and her struggle with drugs. An intense, behind-the-scenes look at rock music in the gritty, post-glam era, Neon Angel is a must-read for anyone whose heart beats to the rhythm of David Bowie, Suzi Quatro, Nick Gilder, and the Sex Pistols, and for every fan of the movie it inspired: The Runaways, starring Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart as Cherie Currie and Joan Jett.

Free Use Image from Pixabay

Ornery Owl's Mini Review

Cherie has lived several lifetimes in one. She is an amazing person whose story is both inspirational and a cautionary tale for any young woman with stars in her eyes. I applaud her for telling her bare-bones truth, warts and all.

Book Beginnings and First Line Friday



Can’t stay at home, can’t stay at school 
Old folks say, “You poor little fool” 
Down the street I’m the girl next door 
I’m the fox you’ve been waiting for

The Friday 56


I didn’t get much sympathy from the people around me. Kent Smythe’s solution was to put a bucket at the side of the stage in case I had to puke while performing.

Book Blogger Hop



14th - 20th - Do you have any bookish posters or artwork on your walls? (submitted by Penelope @ The Reading Devil)

Nope. I don't have any artwork on my walls at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.