Friday, October 2, 2026

Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge 2026: #Horror

 


From IMDB

#Horror follows a group of 12-year-old girls whose obsession with an online social media game turns an act of cyberbullying into a terrifying night in a lavish Connecticut home. Drawing from real-life issues, it attempts to explore the dangers of media-obsessed youth and online cruelty. Notable for a strong cast including Chloë Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, and Timothy Hutton, it features striking visual style and surreal imagery. However, critics widely panned it for incoherent storytelling, shallow characterization, and overuse of gimmicky effects, making it a polarizing and often frustrating watch.


Free use image from Open Clipart Vectors

Ornery Owl's Mini Review

Three out of five stars

The film features strong performances, but the stylized cinematography and sensationalistic approach often makes it difficult to follow the plot. 

There isn't a single likeable character in this story. Although I felt compassion for certain issues the girls were experiencing, it's difficult to feel sympathy for the mean-spirited, self-absorbed spawn of wealthy, self-absorbed, asshole adults.

If you're in a rough place psychologically, this movie is not the best choice of distractions. 

You can rent this title on Amazon

https://link.amazon/A018v89O2

If you sign up for Kanopy, you can also see if your library has the title.

https://www.kanopy.com/en/highplains/video/13784862



No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.