Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday Book Blogger Hop Special: Ornery's Gambit

        


Genre:

Poetry plus a supernatural coming-of-age story (vampires).

Buy Link:

https://amzn.to/3vz8uXw

Publication Date:

February 15, 2024

Ebook Price:

$1.99 or free with Kindle Unlimited

Book Blurb:

The poems, story, and thoughts included in this brief volume were inspired by the independently produced album Wayward and Upward by Spinoza Gambit. The story Prodigal Moon and the poem 401 Rush were included in the Wayward and Upward anthology published by Off Topic Press.

I opted to publish this book on my 59th birthday. It would be a wonderful gift to learn that my work inspired you or led you to learn more about the Wayward and Upward album and anthology.

With love,

Ornery Owl

Book Length:

49 pages


The First Line/Book Beginnings



 I was inspired by the idea of something that disappears and returns on a predictable schedule (the visible moon) and something that cannot return (a lost love.)


The Friday 56

What can I say, I'm generous. I'm going to give you the entire poem appearing on Page 24 of my manuscript.

Neon Skyline

I’m not going to deny

The neon skyline is pretty

I love looking at the city.

From across the lake, I could see the buildings at night,

Glorious as heaven.

I almost expected angels to take flight from the rooftops.

Does Heaven modernize

Maybe every 50 years or so?

Will I see a neon skyline when I arrive?

Angels in tuxedos and tails

Looking suave and cool.

In heaven it’s probably easy

To split your time between the country and the city,

And there’s nobody living in slums

Beneath the neon skyline.

Behind the impressive skyscrapers of Earthly cities

The homeless sleep behind trash bins

The alleys reek of urine and cheap wine.

The reality of the city

Isn’t all parties and glitter.

Take a look below the neon skyline

Open your eyes to what’s really happening.

Nobody deserves to live this way.

Maybe one day the neon skyline

Will light the way for the lost.


Book Blogger Hop



16th-22nd - Do you keep an active list of favorite authors—that you would spend your milk money on—to have it when they publish a book? (submitted by Laura @ Laura's Book Binge)

I kind of did that when I was younger. Not so much anymore. Now that I’m a highly esteemed author myself (ha—hardly!) I don’t really have time for it. I also listen to a lot more audiobooks now than I did when I was younger. I live out in the middle of nowhere, I hate regular radio, and satellite radio is too expensive.

You’d like to listen to audiobooks too, you say?

I’ve got you covered!

If you don’t already have an Audible subscription, click the link below to get started with your 30-day free trial. You’re welcome.

https://amzn.to/4bIRSgg





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.