Saturday, August 5, 2023

Netherworld Cinema: Obsessions



Rating: Four out of five stars

What they do right:
This movie has excellent production values for a low-budget flick. If you enjoy plot twists that keep you guessing, you'll find yourself wrapped up in this story where nothing is quite what it seems.

What I could have done without:
The obligatory female nudity. While there weren't many of these scenes and they weren't filmed in an exploitative or distasteful fashion, I saw no reason for them. The story would have been just as effective without bare breasts.

Recommend:
Yes. Overall, this is a good hour and a half of entertainment. It's comparable to similar movies with higher budgets and a-list casts and you don't have to pay anything to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.