Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday Book Blogger Special: Snow Angels In the Dust

 


Genre:

Asian culture, family drama, fated mates, hero's journey, m/m romance, Vietnam war

Buy Link:

Publication Date:

August 27, 2024

Ebook Price:

$6.99

Book Blurb:

“I have one more job for you.”

Milton Glass, an award-winning photojournalist, celebrated worldwide as one of the greatest documentarians of the twentieth century, has passed. However, he leaves an unfinished task for personal assistant Cristian Orr (Butterflies I Have Known): discover the fate of a soldier’s child who’d been born and abandoned during the Vietnam War.

Cristian hesitates to get involved until an even greater mystery presents itself in the form of a name uttered over thirty years earlier by a comatose man on the other side of the world.

A name no one there could possibly know.

In an unfamiliar country and completely out of his element, Cristian must uncover the life of a man born of two cultures, accepted by neither, and the man’s connection to the whispered name.

The answers draw Cristian into a personal journey unlike anything he’s experienced before, towards a fate two lifetimes in the making.

Book Length:

303 pages

Note:
This book is suitable for readers 18+ only.

The First Line/Book Beginnings



Cleveland, Tennessee rarely saw an abundance of snow cover its homes, churches, schools, and roads each December, but this year?


The Friday 56

Did Lành apologize? Did she cry? Did she and Hai Anh grieve together? Did Lành ask for forgiveness? Did she even deserve it?

Heads up!

Come back on September 3 to read my full review of this book for IndiGo Book Tours.

Book Blogger Hop



23rd-29th - Can you suggest a book that you believe everyone should read at least once in their lifetime? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

Is it gauche to hijack my own post to brag about my work in progress?

I don't care if it is; I'm going to do it anyway!



For years, I've been threatening to write a memoir. I have many aborted attempts but have never been able to carry out the attack. Now, having realized that I will be unlikely to create a proper autobiography written in a precise linear fashion, I've set a goal of creating a collection of essays and suggested therapeutic techniques to be released on my sixtieth birthday: February 15, 2025.

I just remembered I must renew my driver's license a little before that date. Isn't that fun? 

This impressive volume will be called Sixty, which is very on the nose, but I don't GAF. It will be full of essays, pictures, reflection exercises, and a bit of something extra, just like its author. 

My life and I are very unusual, so if you've been looking for a memoir that isn't just the same old, same old, Sixty is the book for you!

If you're looking for a memoir by someone whose name doesn't inspire you to say, "Who the fuck is that?" check out Audible. For instance, I've been enjoying Carrie Fisher's brief, irreverent reflections on her storied life. Carrie was the real deal. 

Everyone should listen to or read Carrie's memoirs anytime they like and pick up a copy of Sixty when it's released on my forthcoming birthday. 

Now that school is back in session, it's a great time to take a break from homework with an audiobook.

If you don’t already have an Audible subscription, click the link below to get started with your 30-day free trial. You’re welcome.

https://amzn.to/4bIRSgg


Follow our Start page to keep up with the latest from the Naughty Netherworld Press crew.

https://naughtynetherworldpress.start.page








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.