Sunday, February 7, 2021

A Writer's Revelations . . . . . . . . by Judy Ann Davis, Writer & Author: INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP

A Writer's Revelations . . . . . . . . by Judy Ann Davis, Writer & Author: INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP:                                          

I review books and it puzzles me when people publish manuscripts that look like they haven't even been proofread. One of the worst ones looked to be someone's NaNoWriMo project. It was nothing but nonstop (bad) dialogue with occasional very brief descriptions of the scene (i.e. we were in a swamp when...) I would have been embarrassed to put my name on this mess. If that's your first draft, great. But nobody is such a great writer that they can release their first draft without editing. Believe me.

1 comment:

  1. I totally, totally agree with you. I have been sent some books to review in the past that I have just put down after a few pages. If a writers doesn't want to put the time in to proof read and edit a draft then I don't want to put the time in the read it. It's harsh but true... we should all aspire to do the best we can and then improve from there!
    (www.lousbookstuff.com)

    ReplyDelete

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.