Friday, September 2, 2022

Friday Book Blog Hop: Reconfigurement

 


Genre: 

Careers, Retirement Planning

Buy Link:

https://amzn.to/3KkbJFg

Disclosures: 

My mini review is a duplicate of the review I left for this book on Amazon.

I will earn a small commission from Amazon for every book purchased through the above link.

Blurb:

This book focuses on the importance of planning ahead, working in a job you love, and having lots of fun before you retire. It covers testing for career aptitudes, investing, life protection, and affordable health insurance. There are chapters on retirement planning, long-term care alternatives, 401(k) or IRA, and Social Security strategies, with a section debunking various Social Security myths. In each short and to the point chapter, Mr. Fleischauer engages his readers with personal insights and throws some decent jokes in along the way. You will be glad you read Reconfigurement.

Enjoy, and go ahead and change your life!

Ornery Owl's Mini Review:

Although the target audience is people closing in on retirement age, I wish I had the information presented by the author available to me when I was in high school. I may not have made certain choices that led me to years of stress in jobs that I really did not enjoy. In fact, I suggest giving a copy of this book to young people. It could literally mean the difference between finding a career they can thrive in or being one of all too many people who hates Mondays. The book is easy to read, and the author has a pleasant approach.  

The First Line

There’s a looming chasm that potentially threatens the future of millions of Americans.

Fleischauer, E. Alan. Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead (p. 6). Kindle Edition. 



One major advantage of Treasury securities is that the interest earned is exempt from state and local taxes.

Fleischauer, E. Alan. Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead (p. 92). Kindle Edition. 


Book Blogger Hop
2nd - 8th - Is it hard to find new books in local stores? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer


What are these "local stores" ye speak of, Sunny Jim? 

Granted, my situation is a bit unique. I live in a remote rural town of 134 people. We do have a store, as it happens. It's a small general store where the townsfolk can pick up necessary items. They even have a lunch counter. However, they do not sell books. The only two periodicals they sell are a couple of newspapers: The Fence Post and Farm Living.

I haven't been in a brick and mortar bookstore in years. In the early 90s I loved going to Barnes and Noble. Now the idea fills my mouth with the flavor of trepidation and despair.

When ordering print books such as graphic novels or cookbooks, I check Thriftbooks first. You can order other books there, but because of cataracts, glaucoma, astigmatism, hyperopia in the left eye and presbyopia, I prefer ebooks for most reading applications. I don't have to wear my glasses to read an ebook.

You should check out Thriftbooks too. Here's a link. Don't ever say I never gave you anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.