Monday, January 18, 2021

Ornery Picks: The Silence of Ray

 Genre: Autobiography, Biography, Memoir

Rating: Five out of Five Stars

I reviewed this book last year and was very touched by the author's honest and heartbreaking story. Raising a child with severe autism on her own was a difficult journey that no-one should have to endure without support, but many people do. Autism is a seriously misunderstood condition with varied manifestations and, unfortunately, many people have the biased idea that it is somehow the parents' fault. I appreciate the author telling her truth.

You can read my exclusive review for Online Book Club here.

https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=161810

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.