Saturday, October 8, 2022

Dear Blogger

 


How is it that on a blog created for the purpose of PROMOTING BOOKS you suddenly decided that the last post I tried to publish was Spam because it PROMOTED A BOOK? It wouldn't have anything to do with a misguided purity bot crawling around and deciding there was something naughty about the book, would it?

Not that the content I publish on this blog is ever over-the-top naughty. I do promote erotica and steamy romance, but I ensure that the excerpts from any books are below an R rating. Still, if it was simply a problem of your badly-informed bot imagining the post was Spam because it had links leading to the book being promoted or to the website of the author who wrote said book, I would like to know how independent and small press authors are supposed to promote their work without blogs like this one.

Of course there is no place to appeal your erroneous decision. 

This blog does contain promotional material. It is not "Spam." Nobody is being forced to read this blog. I profit little if at all from the material that is promoted on this blog. The posts are written as a service to authors.

Independent and small press authors generally have very limited budgets for advertising and promotion. Or would Google prefer that only big publishing houses be able to promote their work? You'd probably like that, wouldn't you? 

I am not a bot and my posts are not Spam. How dare you.

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~


Free use image from Pixabay



1 comment:

  1. A lot of authors are suddenly running into problems having Blogger posts removed for "spam" - happened to me yesterday; there is a button to push to have it reviewed, which I did, and luckily my post was accepted and published, several hours later, but a lot of authors are getting no response to that, too. I think they've changed something in their algorithm.

    ReplyDelete

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.