Friday, June 28, 2024

Extra Special Book Blogger Hop: Your Chance To Provide Input on C. L. Hart's New Novelette!

 


Genre:

Sweet Contemporary Christmas Romance

Tropes:

Forced Proximity, Second Chances

About the Story:

Snowbound Hearts is a sweet second-chance forced proximity Christmas romance featuring middle-aged characters. Marta and her best friend Ophrah have booked rooms at the Winter Lake Lodge. They arrive just ahead of a heavy snowstorm that shuts down the roads. 

Marta's ex-husband Adam and his assistant Clara arrive not much later. Marta and Adam divorced seven years previously because of Adam's drinking and because of his tryst with his best friend's wife at the office Christmas party. Marta initially assumes that Clara is Adam's latest fling, but their relationship is platonic. 

Adam has gone through a successful rehab and has been clean for six years. He realizes he still loves Marta. Marta has feelings for Adam as well, but she isn't sure she can trust him.

Subplots include a budding romance between Clara and Ophrah, plus Adam reconciling with his best friend.

Story Length:

9431words

Heat Level:

Hallmark. Kissing only, no heavy making out, no sex.

If you'd like to be a beta reader for the project, follow the link!

https://share.betareader.io/link/6679a1f4f9fb0a37e8ded9a2?utm_campaign=share-book&utm_medium=button&utm_source=link

This story will be included in the forthcoming For the Love of Winter anthology from First Coast Romance Writers.

You don't need to be a professional editor or writer to be an efficient beta reader. This post explains a beta reader's role in the book creation process.


The First Line/Book Beginnings



 “Really, Marti? Blasting The Ride of the Valkyries while tearing up the Dalling Rise?” Ophrah Pololáník asked, checking her seat belt and looking askance at the driver.


The Friday 56

Although the mood was festive and the dinner delicious, Marta’s spirits soured as she recalled the last time she and Adam dined—or didn’t dine—together. 

Book Blogger Hop



21st-27th - Will society suffer in the future as a result of the younger generations' lack of reading? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

Younger generations do read. I'm not going to say all younger people read is pure garbage because younger people are not monoliths. I was, however, surprised when I found out that many younger people read solely on their phones and that many of them don't know how to open computer files because they're used to doing everything with apps. 

I think my eyes would fall out of my head if I did most of my reading on my phone. I want at least an e-reader, and I prefer a full-size computer monitor. I rarely read physical books anymore. My younger self would be horrified. Back in the day, there was nothing quite so wonderful as having a book in my hand. 

Post Sponsor

You’d like to listen to audiobooks, you say?

I’ve got you covered!

If you don’t already have an Audible subscription, click the link below to get started with your 30-day free trial. You’re welcome.

https://amzn.to/4bIRSgg






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.