Saturday, December 25, 2021

Ornery Owl's Reel Reviews: Dear Santa


Genre: Holiday Romance

Rating: 🌟🌟🌟

Ornery Owl's Review

Tropes, tropes everywhere! Not the worst movie of its kind but too many tropes are a turn-off. 

Bratty mean-girl antagonists for the child character, check. 

Shallow clothes horses sniping at one another's fashion sense, check. 

A hero who feels beholden to the conniving female antagonist because reasons, check. 

I did like the redemption arc for Crystal, who started off as a two-dimensional cardboard cutout of a poor little rich girl and grew a personality along the way, and I'm a bit of a sucker for the sassy gay friend.

This one is hardly a must-see but it didn't make me see red. Watch it or not. It's an okay way to pass the time, not a life-changer by any stretch of the imagination.



Ornery Owl
Free-use image from Open Clipart Vectors




No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.