Sunday, October 15, 2023

RIP Challenge 2023, Day 15: Warning Parental Advisory



TV-14

Ornery Owl's rating
🌟🌟🌟🌟

Mini review

"What the hell, Ornery?" I can hear some of you saying. "This isn't a horror movie!"

Oh, but it is. Censorship is one of the worst threats to a free society. 

I'm not talking about being able to do anything you want with impunity. I'm talking about being able to express and discuss ideas. There are certain topics currently considered not up for debate, and the way anyone who attempts nuanced discussion around these topics is silenced is, frankly, sinister. Censorship is the first step towards a totalitarian society. We can't debate issues we aren't allowed to discuss.

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”
― George Orwell, 1984

If we can't discuss who wears the boot or what their intentions are, we are doomed to be trodden under that boot. 

So, although the subject matter in this movie is not overtly nightmare-inducing, its implications are.

The film is both entertaining and informative, showcasing what can happen when people approach a nuanced issue from a strictly emotional perspective. 

~Ornery Owl Has Spoken~

Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay

Ornery Owl sez:
Feed your head and don't let anyone else do your thinking for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.