Friday, October 6, 2023

RIP Challenge 2023 Day 6: We Still Say Grace

 


https://amzn.to/3RDJdV0

MA

Ornery Owl's Rating

🌟🌟🌟🌟

Mini Review

A trio of young men out country cruising end up stranded with a flat tire. They think fortune has smiled on them when they happen upon a farmhouse. They will soon discover they should have kept walking. Mom Betty is docile, and daughter Maggie is friendly. Dad Harold lives by an archaic set of rigid rules and woe betide anyone who defies him. Harold's favorite daughter, Sarah, is his pawn. Her spirit was long ago broken by his sick combination of praise and molestation.

Underrated actor Bruce Davison usually plays likable characters. He goes against typecasting in this disturbing thriller as Harold, a deranged zealot who will stop at nothing to serve his god or at least his own homicidal and perverse appetites.

This is a well-made movie with a fine cast. I gave it four rather than five stars because it's so damn disturbing. I won't watch it again.

Image by S. Nagel from Pixabay



No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.