Thursday, October 5, 2023

RIP Challenge 2023 Day 5: Riding the Bullet

 


https://amzn.to/3LEKwPJ

R

Content Advisory:

Fantasy gore, suicide ideation

Ornery Owl's rating:

🌟🌟🌟🌟

Mini Review:

I always enjoy the dark humor of a Stephen King story. This movie captures the atmosphere of King's twisted imagination as the viewer follows Alan, a troubled young art student, on his journey to visit his mother, who has suffered a stroke.

Alan's neuroses make him an unreliable narrator, which happens to be one of my favorite plot devices. Along the way, the viewer learns why Alan is the way he is. King's own personal demons tend to slip into his stories. An absent father, a devoted but sometimes overbearing mother, and fear of the unknown are all present in this tale. 

If you like dark stories featuring an unreliable narrator and a wisecracking grim reaper, you might enjoy Riding the Bullet too. 

Free use image from Pixabay





No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.