Tuesday, October 31, 2023

RIP Challenge 2023: Day 31: Phantasm

 



R

Ornery Owl's Rating
🌟🌟🌟🌟

Mini Review

I've saved the best for last, Boils and Ghouls. Phantasm is a low-budget cult classic from 1979. It's horror with a touch of comedy, never taking itself too seriously but also presenting some entertaining chills the likes of which you just don't see in today's fright fests. 

"thoroughly silly and endearing". --Vincent Canby, The New York Times

This is a story from a time when horror was fun. It's one of my favorite films and the late Angus Scrimm is one of my favorite character actors. Nobody does it like The Tall Man!


"Best let me take this one, Owl!"

Image by Jo Justino from Pixabay
"It's your show, TM!"








No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.