Friday, October 27, 2023

RIP Challenge 2023: Day 27: Look Away

 



16+

Ornery Owl's Rating
🌟🌟🌟🌟

Mini Review
This psychological horror film is no popcorn movie. The subject matter is disturbing, addressing such uncomfortable topics as beauty prejudice, bullying, and narcissistic parents who see their children only as extensions of themselves.

Socially awkward Maria was a twin, but her sister died at birth. Maria's father, Dan, is a narcissistic, sociopathic plastic surgeon who emotionally abuses his daughter, whom he sees as deeply flawed. Maria is tormented at school by a waste of oxygen named Mark. Her only friend, Lily, is more of a frenemy. Maria has a secret crush on Lily's boyfriend Sean.

One night, Maria's reflection starts moving independently. The reflection calls herself Airam and invites Maria to switch places with her. Airam quickly reveals herself to not only be vengeful but murderous.

Many of Airam's victims deserve what they get. Some don't. I don't want to spoil it for ya!

Look Away is an interesting story but definitely not for the faint of heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.