Friday, October 4, 2024

Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge 2024: The Strangers in 7A


Ornery Owl's Rating:
Four out of Five Stars

This 1974 thriller features a stellar cast of character actors. Andy Griffith stars as Artie, a philandering building superintendent. Ida Lupino is his wife, Iris. Susanne Benton plays Claudine, the temptress who seduces Artie, only to reveal that she just wanted to give her boyfriend and his pals a place to stay while they plan a bank heist.

Michael Brandon plays Billy, the leader of the would-be bank robbers. Brandon is an underrated talent because he can convincingly switch from playing affable nice guys hoping to change the world for the better, as he did in F.M., to portraying hard men like Billy. James A. Watson Jr. and Tim McIntyre co-star as Billy's sidekicks, Riff and Virgil. 

The film features lots of action and a satisfying redemption arc. Bonus points for the right amount of cheesiness and the stylin' '70s attire.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.