Thursday, October 10, 2024

Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge 2024: The Mirror Crack'd

 


1980

Rated PG

Ornery Owl's rating:
Five out of five stars

Enjoy the delightful English countryside with its venerable old houses. Sit down and relax with a cup of tea or coffee or maybe a cocktail...on second thought, maybe don't do that. The wrong sip could be deadly.

This little gem features the queen of amateur female sleuths, Angela Lansbury, as Agatha Christie's beloved Miss Marple. Elizabeth Taylor portrays the glamorous yet tragic Marina Gregg, an emotionally volatile actress with a dark secret. Rock Hudson stars as Marina's devoted yet long-suffering husband, Jason. Kim Novak is a treat as Marina's rival, the outrageous, snarky, self-absorbed Lola Brewster. If you like your mysteries classy with a touch of cheekiness, you'll enjoy this one.


Free use image from Open Clipart Vectors
"Don't worry, this one's just wine. I've double...well, maybe triple...okay, quadruple-checked it to make sure."



No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.