Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge 2024: Trail of Tears


This 1995 made-for-TV drama is based on true events. Katey Sagel and Pam Dawber star as two women with very different personalities working together to find their children, who were victims of parental kidnapping. Annie is impulsive and has a laissez-faire approach to life, while Sheryl is perfectionistic and regimented.

Armchair psychology time. While both husbands seem more interested in getting back at their estranged wives than in being with their kids, Sheryl's husband, Michael, comes off as a petulant, fragile narcissist, angry that life hasn't gone according to plan. In contrast, Annie's ex-husband, David, comes off as a sociopath. 

There is no graphic violence in this movie other than the needless destruction of an innocent pagoda, and there are no traumatizing surprises. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.