Friday, October 25, 2024

Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge 2024: Baby Snatcher


David Duchovny had it easy in this excellent 1992 made-for-TV drama based on true events, as his character was also named David. Movie David was a bit of an immature wanker who wanted to screw around with his secretary, Karen, but took minimal responsibility when she got pregnant. 

One simple rule: if you wouldn't make her your wife, don't make her a mother.

Movie David wasn't the titular Baby Snatcher. That dishonorable mention goes to Bianca, who pretends to be pregnant to keep her husband from divorcing her. She then poses as a potential nanny and runs off with Karen's baby while Karen's mother is distracted.

The FBI agent is a major asshole, as is one slimy slug of a reporter, both accusing Karen of murdering her child with no proof. The only time I really liked Movie David was when he was going for the FBI agent's throat, and I liked Karen even more when she kicked Slimy Slug Reporter out of her house.

This drama is filled with excellent performances. The cast really worked well together. If you enjoy movies based on true events, you'll like this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to get comments published as quickly as possible. I don't always reply to comments on my blog, but I do try to visit as many people as possible when I participate in blog hops and I share links where possible to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and such so others can discover your work. I do read and appreciate your comments.